Packing List for your safari with Sous l'Acacia
Important: For safaris, you
should wear neutral coloured clothing (green, brown, beige or grey) to
blend in with the landscape.
- A sun hat or a cap
- Sunglasses with high UV protection- they should have a cord attached so they don't fly off
- Buff or bandana for protecting your neck and face from the sun.
- 4-6 Long-sleeved shirts to provide protection from the sun (quick dry fabric)
- T-shirts and jumpers for the evening
- Lightweight fleece or jumper - some nights can be cold
- Safari jacket
- Jeans or safari/walking trousers.
- short or bermuda.
- A swimming costume may be useful.
- Non-irritant cotton or synthetic underwear
Hands and Feet
- Light hiking boots
- Lightweight shoes or trainers for the evenings
- Several pairs of socks
Other useful items
- Travel bag, preferably a soft bag 70-100ltrs (15kg max.)
- Water bottle (1.5l)
- Head torch or small torch for moving around at night
- bring spare batteries and bulbs
- Toiletries (biodegradable wipes to replace water)
- Swiss army knife or equivalent (in checking-in luggage!!)
- Backpack of 25-30ltrs to carry all your
small belongings (lipstick, sunscreen, passport, mini camera, glasses,
- Earplugs (may be useful)
- Camera and high capacity memory card. Spare battery
- A pair of binoculars
Make sure any allergies (to medication or otherwise) are clearly stated in your medical kit
- Any medication you regularly take
- Imodium or similar anti-diarrheal medication
- Vitamin C tablets
- Sunscreen and lip balm - should be high factor
- Insect repellent
- Eye drops
- Hydrating/ soothing cream
- Blister plasters in case of any rubs
- Antiseptic cream, plasters, aspirin, anti-histamine, insect-bite salve etc..
- 10cm wide bandage
- Spare prescription glasses/contact lenses
- Re-hydration sachets
- Antiseptic wipes
- Hand wash gel
- The internal flight only allows up to 15 kg per passenger and no more than 100ml of liquids.
- We recommend taking any valuables, such as your camera, iPod, iPad,
medicines and glasses etc. in your hand luggage. Travelling in your
riding boots and carrying your hat and some riding clothes is highly
recommended - then if your luggage goes astray you are still able to
- We recommend taking a copy of your passport and insurance documents with you in case you lose your originals.
- If, in wishing to 'travel light', you plan to wash your clothes
throughout the trip, please ensure you bring biodegradable laundry
products with which to do your washing.
- Ensure you bring something for your chemical waste (batteries, aerosol
cans, cream tubes, plastic wrapping), in order to take it back to
Europe where recycling and waste disposal is done well and effectively.
We advise to, wherever possible, avoid altogether bringing wrapped
products to Tanzania. If you do, ensure you take them back to Europe